Shroom Skincare announces the launch of its first product, Mycelium Glow Brightening Serum. This oil serum combines the utility of mushrooms and vitamin C to rejuvenate skin, even tone, and moisturize.
Moreover, the combination of Maitake, Chaga, Reishi, and Cordyceps Sinensis mushroom extracts, together with vitamin C, creates an antioxidant serum that provides a range of benefits for the skin. These include protection from environmental damage, reduction of inflammation, support for the skin’s natural defenses, and improvement in the appearance of other signs of aging, including uneven skin tone.
Key ingredients in Mycelium Glow include:
- Reishi mushroom extract: This extract supports hydration and visibly healthy skin. Specifically, Reishi contains beta-glucans, which can help to calm dry, itchy skin.
- Chaga mushroom extract: In addition to reducing inflammation, this extract protects the skin while helping cells repair. Chaga mushrooms have unique super antioxidants that can protect our cells from free radicals.
- Cordyceps Sinensis extract: Supports balanced, even skin tone, and helps prevent the breakdown of collagen, which is vital for giving elasticity to the skin.
- Maitake mushroom extract: Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties protect the skin, improve elasticity, and reduce redness and inflammation.
- Vitamin C: Brightens and tones the skin, protecting and supporting healthy skin cells. Vitamin C improves and supports skin hydration.
What’s more, the formula has additional antioxidants from jojoba seed oil, kalahari melon oil, rosehip oil, olive oil, and vitamin E, which work together to fight against free radicals. The result is brighter, healthier ski, according to Shroom Skincare officials.
“Combining these ingredients in a skincare product provides a range of benefits for the skin, including protection from environmental damage, reduction of inflammation, support for the skin’s natural defenses, and improvement in the appearance of aging and uneven skin tone,” says Jennifer Chwalek, MD, a board-certified dermatologist, and dermatologic surgeon at UnionDerm.