The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery’s 32nd Annual Conference is slated to take place at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida from April 18-22, 2012.
With more than 2,000 biomedical laser professionals expected, registration for this year’s conference has increased more than 10%, according to conference organizers.
The 5-day conference will feature more more than 200 scientific presentations.
“The field of lasers and energy-based devices is enjoying a tremendous surge in research and development of new ideas and techniques, many presented for the first time at ASLMS by the best of the best,” says Program Chair Eric F. Bernstein, MD, in a press release. “‘Laser 2012’ promises to be an exciting global innovation exchange punctuated by straight talk and networking with colleagues who do what we do on a daily basis.”
Hot Topics at this year’s meeting include:
• New Offerings in Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Optical Diagnostics, Laryngeal and ENT — in conjunction with the Head and Neck Optical Diagnostics Society.
• Outcomes and New Techniques for Facelift and Neck Tightening Procedures
• Use of Adaptive Optics Scanning Imaging of Photoreceptor Loss in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
• Clinical Trials for New Indications for Photodynamic Therapy
• Burns and Trauma. Tips and parameters for treatment of traumatic, severe and burn scars to optimize patient results
• Voice Surgery and CO2 Laser in 2012: 30 Years of Practice
• Surgical Applications: Interstitial Laser Therapy
Admission to the exhibit floor is free and will be open Friday, April 20 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday, April 21 from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm. Register online at www.aslms.org or on-site at the conference.
SOURCE: The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery